Monday, November 21, 2011

Thankful Thursday...giving Black Friday, Small Business Saturday and Cyber Monday a break

In a world spinning with what I call 'Media A.D.D'
(where you have 2 seconds to capture your audience's attention, at best)
I am going to resist the urge to hop on that train and check out...at least for a few moments

COME WITH ME!

I came across this aged, weathered piece...and realized that 2 seconds is a slippery slope. 

...and that good things take time...

...like this amazing Conch Shell House...


...and Remodeling...
Take a minute, and travel with me on this little journey in your mind 


 ...Never mind my husband gutted the kitchen over the weekend...




...Or that I don't have a sink and it's 2 days before Thanksgiving...


...I'm going to really let go for a minute...
I can get lost in this sky...can't you just feel the atmosphere? 

...It takes me away from the stress of having all of my Thanksgiving groceries, pantry items, silverwear, and cook wear in the garage...




 So pretty...

Reminds me today I need to dust and deep clean the plaster off of the furniture, tables and chairs...oops, I'm not focusing


 In decoration of the house, a lot of seashells and items found on the local beach were used. 
The upstairs bathroom sink is made out of the base of a conch shell, the faucets are made out of coral. 
...just as special as the new porcelain tile I love in our house that just got laid last night, that needs 48 hours to cure... umm

This is a gorgeous house and property that are for rent...4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, swimming pool. 

Ours will be gorgeous, too...in 3 weeks when we actually get cabinets (hopefully in time for Christmas!)


When life starts to spin out of control...just breath, and think of a place that anchors you in the moment. The only thing that really matters is that very moment...and then, how those moments add up together to create a life...one porcelain tile at a time.

At the moment...my life is filled with sarcasm...and ultimately...THANKS

Here's to Thankful Thursday!
 
...giving Remodeling, Black Friday, Small Business Saturday and Cyber Monday a break...



No comments:

Post a Comment